I am using Gmail for several years, and suddenly I encountered an issue in my Google Address Book. Whenever, I tried to update my contact list, it shows loading, but the contact list is not updated with new contacts. I tried to resolve the issue many times, with my laptop as well as with my cell phone but nothing happens. I am completely pissed off, I discussed it with one of my colleagues and he suggested me to import Google contacts into another email client where, I can easily access them. He asked me to import Google contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird. I am not aware with the process and want to know how perform it, Can anybody please help?
Basically, Google contact list is limited by size, and this situation arises if you have a large number of contacts in your address book. The contact list can be migrated by using two methods. One is manual method and another is automated solution. You can migrate it manually from Import / Export Wizard Settings.
Hi Michael Scofield,
may I know the number of contacts you have in your address book? So, that I can help you to find the reason that why you are not able to update your contact list with the new contact list.
I have no idea about the exact number of my contact list, but it may around twenty thousand or more than that. Even, I am not aware of the procedure of Import / Export wizard settings to import Google contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird. If anyone knows the complete step related to this method then please respond as soon as possible.
please follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
I hope this method will help you to import the contacts from Google account to Thunderbird.
1. Sign to Gmail account & select Contacts
2. Go to Menu click on More & go to Export
3. Select the contacts that are to be migrated
4. Now, from Menu >> More option >> click on export.
5. A new dialog box will be appeared to Export Contacts, click on All contacts
6. To import the address book from Gmail to Thunderbird open Thunderbird
7. Choose Address book & then Open Mozilla Thunderbird Address Window
8. Click on Tools >> Import tab >> & Go to Address books from the options
9. Now, click on Next.
10. In the new wizard, choose Text File and click on Next.
11. In the new window attach the path directory, where the stored Gmail address book is located
12. Choose All Files to view the CSV file
13. Click on OK
The migration process has completed successfully. Now, check Thunderbird address book
I have performed the above solution very carefully, but it fails to import the contacts. I cannot found the contacts list in Thunderbird address book and it is time-consuming too. Is there any other solution? Which can Import Google contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird without consuming much time.
If the manual method fails to migrate the data then, only an automated solution can help you out. As you have mentioned that you are looking for other solution to transfer Gmail address book to Thunderbird. you can opt SysTools Gmail Backup tool. This is one the best software to transfer the contact list from Gmail to Mozilla Thunderbird with zero data loss.