Summary: This blog covers the simple solution for the query i.e. how to transfer OneDrive data to Google Drive on Windows 10 Operating system. 5 steps simple working of the professional tool is described here to migrate data from OneDrive to Google Drive account.
There are multiple reasons for transferring data from One cloud storage (i.e. OneDrive) to another (Google Drive). It could be storage, file security, or any other concern. As OneDrive pricing plans are cheaper and more flexible than OneDrive, people switch to G Drive. Along with this, Google Drive protects in-transit files or in-motion files with AES 128 bit encryption. While other files are secured by AES 256-bit encryption cipher.
However, in the case of OneDrive in-transit files are protected by AES 256 bit encryption & the rest of the files are not encrypted unless the OneDrive for business subscription is owned. So, now we came to know about some reasons to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive. Now, let us go the solution which can easily perform this task.
Best Way to Move Data from OneDrive to Google Drive
OneDrive to Google Drive Migration Tool is the advanced utility to transfer OneDrive data to Google Drive. Admin credentials are required to perform the OneDrive data migration to Google Drive. With this tool easily migrate data from single or multiple user accounts. Also, the priority option allows users can easily set the priority for the early migration of specific users.
Features of the Automated Solution
- Provides the facility to transfer all or selective data by providing date filter option
- Gives the option to migrate document-level permissions from source to destination
- Migrate data from OneDrive to Google Drive of all or selective users
- Add users by providing different options i.e. Fetch users or Import users
- Move newly arrived or modified data with the delta migration feature
- Gives the option to allow user group mapping from source O365 to destination G Suite
- Migrate failed data items by providing “Re-try Failed Items” option
- Provides Concurrent migration feature to improve the migration efficiency
How to Transfer OneDrive Data to Google Drive in Step by Step?
Perform the following 5 steps and move OneDrive files to Google Drive:
- Download the tool & choose the source, destination as Office 365 & G Suite
- Choose the Category as Documents, apply date filter and migrate document-level permissions (optional)
- Enter the Office 365 & G Suite admin credentials & click on validate
- Fetch users & after preforming successful user mapping click on Validate
- Click on the “Start Migration” button to migrate data from OneDrive to Google Drive
Note: Along with documents if users want to transfer other mailbox items as well i.e. emails, contacts, calendars then they can select these options also. At the same time, the tool can move documents and these items as well.
Is there any Manual Approach for OneDrive to Google Drive Migration?
Yes, users can download OneDrive files from the source account and then upload them on Google Drive. But, this approach is not suitable for bulk transfer OneDrive data to Google Drive. It is really a time-consuming process for OneDrive data migration to G Drive. Also, there are no filter options as given by the professional. Hence, this makes users switch for some third-party tools like as given above.
Some User Queries
Recently, our organization is planning to move some Office 365 users OneDrive documents to G Suite Google Drive. A few of them will switch to another domain for some business purpose. Is there anyone who knows how to transfer OneDrive data to Google Drive? Please suggest the most suitable solution for the query.
I am having 1 TB of storage in my OneDrive account but, now I have planned to move all of my Microsoft OneDrive storage to Google Drive account. Can anyone tell me the best solution for the query?
Users must make sure to analyze the methods on how to transfer OneDrive data to Google Drive and select one that best serves their needs. If they are willing to spend more time to move OneDrive files to google drive manually, then they can perform the manual process. But, in order to save manual efforts and time try the professional tool as we discussed in this post.