Outlook Data File Has not been Configured Error – Resolve
The majority of clients have issues with an Outlook data file has not been configured error that can’t be changed. Stay with us for a little so we can find out how to solve this issue, and you’ll learn just about everything there is to know about the subject.
What is an Outlook PST Data File?
Messages and other objects are stored in an Outlook data file called a personal folders file (.pst). If you want to backup and archive Outlook products and folders on your PC, you’ll need to create additional PST files. Outlook data files are required for POP3, IMAP, and web-mail accounts, on the other hand (.pst).
Method 1: Outlook Data file has not been Configured Error
It is strongly recommended to archive the Outlook data file has not been configured error items and destroy the original PST to address the Outlook problem, i.e. Outlook data file has reached the maximum size. The outlook may also be used to recover archived items if necessary. If you have a large PST file, this approach might help you decrease its size significantly. To do so, take the following steps: –
- In Outlook 2013 and older versions, go to File Tab >> Clean-up Tools >> Archive.
- In Outlook 2016 and 2019, go to File >> Info >> Tools >> Clean up old items.
- Choose to archive this folder and all of its subfolders.
- Select Personal Folders to archive all folders, or choose another folder from the list to archive.
- After that, Select a date in the ‘Archive items older than:’ box to archive older items.
- Select a place by clicking the Browse button.
- Finally, press the OK key.
Method 2: Compact PST File Size Reduction
Microsoft Outlook data file has not been configured error has a tool called Compact that allows you to compress.PST files. It reduced the size of the PST file by compressing it. Follow the steps below to compress the PST file.
- Select Account Settings from the drop-down menu on the File tab.
- From the Data Files tab, choose the required Outlook Data file.
- From the drop-down box, choose Advanced Settings.
- After clicking the Compact Now option, press the OK button.
This technique will compress your chosen PST file to a certain size, allowing you to temporarily fix the problem.
Method 3: Delete Mailbox Item Data
Cleaning the Outlook data file has not been configured error mailbox data is the quickest way to repair the problem for a long period. This approach aids in the reduction of the size of a PST file by deleting all data that is consuming space in the PST file needlessly. However, this strategy necessitates the deletion of previous emails. Follow the steps outlined below to get started:
- Select the Info option from the File tab.
- Next to Mailbox Clean-up, choose Clean-up Tools.
- Now choose Mailbox Clean-up… from the drop-down menu.
- To see the current mailbox size of a local PST file, click the ‘View Mailbox Size…’ button.
How to Repair Outlook Data file has not been Configured Error
We did, however, run into difficulty. The PST file’s maximum size has been reached. When we were using Outlook to send and receive emails, we made an unintentional error. This message comes when the Outlook data file hits its maximum size limit.
To reduce the size of your Outlook data file has not been configured error file, you need to use a professional solution like PST Repair Tool. According to IT professionals, it is a highly recommended tool for converting large PST files into smaller PST files. The application provides a 100% accurate and precise solution for retaining all data’s original structure.
- Download and Run the software in your os.
- Add your PST file to the software via Add File/Add folder option.
- Now, the software recovers your PST file data and shows you the red color.
- After that, you can get a complete [review of your data in the software.
- Then, Click on Export Button and select the PST file option from the Drop-Down menu.
When working with Outlook, users regularly feel caught and run into a variety of problems. One of them is the error “Outlook data file has not been configured error.” In order to overcome this error, we’ve discussed ways for resolving this Outlook data file problem, as well as all possible reasons. In addition, we’ve advised a complex approach for completely fixing broken or corrupted Outlook data files (.pst).