I urgently need to convert Thunderbird to PDF as I have downloaded the archive of my Gmail inbox and now I want to migrate it to a file which can be read using Adobe Acrobat. Does anybody have an idea how to do that? Thanks!
There is one manual method available to export Thunderbird file to PDF file format. You can try this method:
1. Open Thunderbird application
2. Now right click on any of the mail you want to export.
3. Select Print option
4. Now from the dialog box, you can choose the PDF file format option.
But this manual method has a limitation too, you can only export single message to PDF file format.
There is one more method through which you can easily migrate Thunderbird to PDF without any hassle. Follow the below mention steps:
1. Download Thunderbird & configure it
2. After downloading it, install Import/Export Tool
3. Then with the help of this tool, import all .mbox files in Thunderbird or you can copy and paste Mbox files at the message store location of Thunderbird
4. Select any email, drag & drop at any desired location
5. Now select the dropped .eml file & open it with MS Outlook
6. Go to file menu & save the opened .eml file in .html extension at any desired location
7. Now open .html file in MS word & go to file menu
8. Now save the file in PDF file format
Hi, Stephenw & Henryd, thanks for the help. The methods which you have suggested need Thunderbird email client. But, I don’t have Thunderbird installed in my system. I only have MBOX files stored locally. As I’m migrating from Windows to MAC, so I need these MBOX files. Since PDF is a universal file format it can be easily open in MAC too. Can you suggest me any other method or any third party tool through which I can easily migrate Thunderbird to PDF without the need to install Thunderbird or any other email client?
Hi, Lincoln, it seems that you are very worried about your MBOX files. You can use “Mac MBOX Converter”, through this software you can easily Export MBOX to PDF without any issue. You can even run this converter without any email client installed on your system.