I have saved all my important emails in Thunderbird, but today I found out that all of my mails are missing. I have lost all the messages and attachments. Can anyone of you suggest some method. I need to get all my emails back in my account back.
No, the method remains the same for all the Operating System. I asked it because you need to know the file location of the Thunderbird. For Windows User– C:\Users\<Windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\ For Linux/ Unix User– ~/.thunderbird/<Profile name>/ For Mac User– ~/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/<Profile name>/
What you need to do is
1. Navigate to the location of Thunderbird
2. Open the Inbox file in Notepad or text editor.
3. Locate this line “X-Mozilla-Status: 0004″(number may be different)
4. Replace the number from “0004” to “0000”
5. Save the file and check in again in Thunderbird account
Thanks for providing this method. I did this and I am able to get my data back in my folder of Thunderbird. But the process is slow. I have many other folders, it would be very difficult for me to follow this process. Is there any software to retrieve the mails back.