Home › Forums › How to View & Restore BKF File in Windows 7
This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mariya Beckham 10 months ago.
I was used Windows XP on my machine and currently, I am using Windows 7 OS. I have the backup file of old Windows XP OS but I don’t know how to restore .bkf file in Windows 7. Can anyone suggest me how to view and restore .bkf file in Windows 7?
Restoring Windows XP backup files in Windows 7 can be done by NTBackup restore utility. Follow the mention steps:
1. Install and run the NTBackup Utility in Windows 7.
2. Restore wizard will open after installation, click on Next button.
3. After this, you can specify the option desires to execute like restore or backup.
4. Now, click on Browse to locate .bkf files and click OK.
5. Select files or folders by expanding the list and click on Next button.
6. Click on Advanced option for advanced settings.
7. Choose Alternate location and provide destination path.
8. Select the restoring options as per your need.
9. After selection, click Next.
10. Click Finish to complete the process.
11. A progress report will be displayed.
Let’s try the steps to restoring .bkf file in Windows 7, ping me for any further assistance.
Thanks for your valuable suggestion, but I want to view .bkf file data before restoring into Windows 7.
Waiting for reply!
If you want to open .bkf file before restoring into Windows 7 then you can go for any Free BKF Viewer Tool.
Thank for suggesting the tool, its work fine with most of my BKF files but some backup file show corruption issues.
How can I fix it?
Please suggest the best solution!
The best and reliable solution is to use third party tool like BKF Recovery. It will repair and fix any type of corruption issues from a BKF file.
Try BKF recovery tool demo version to explore its features.
Have a good day!
Thanks for your valuable suggestion, the above mentioned manual and automatic solution works great.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.