How to Convert EML to PST Manually
Do you wish to convert EML to PST manually? Have you tried to find the manual technique but can’t seem to find it? You can find steps right here if you’re still seeking them. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of Migrating EML to PST Free.
EML and PST Before Go Any Further
Individual emails are kept as EML files on your PC. Many email clients support EML files, including Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Gmail, and others. EML files are text files that may be opened in any text editor, such as Notepad.
The PST file is an Outlook data file that saves the whole contents of the mailbox to a local device. In general, it’s an Outlook mailbox backup file that lets you recover important information. In addition to emails, a PST file holds contacts and calendars.
The fact that PST files include the whole mailbox file is a big advantage over EML files. Let’s look at why you would like to convert the .eml file to .pst format.
Why Users Convert EML to PST Manually
Some of the benefits of migrating EML to PST Free are as follows:
- EML files are a widely used file type that lacks the same level of security as PST files. As a result, users must Export EML to PST to improve data protection.
- When users move from Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Gmail, Windows Live Mail, or other email clients to Microsoft Outlook for universal access, an EML to PST conversion is necessary.
- The major reason for converting EML to PST is that EML files are not supported by Outlook. As a result, users must convert EML to PST Free format before saving and downloading them into Outlook.
After reading the reasons listed above, you’ll almost certainly wish to convert your EML files to the PST file type. The methods for converting EML to PST shown here are straightforward and practical. Let’s have a look at all of them.
Method 1: Using Outlook to convert EML to PST Manually
- Upload your EML file in Outlook using the Drag and Drop Option.
- After that, click on the Move option in Outlook.
- Now, your EML file moves to Another Outlook folder.
- Then, use the Import/Export option to Export your EML to the PST file.
Even though the manual approach is free, it has several disadvantages that must be considered. Let’s have a look at those constraints as well.
- There is a possibility of data loss while manually converting data.
- Exporting large numbers of EML files is not feasible.
- The data integrity of EML files may be jeopardized by manual techniques.
Method 2: Use Windows Live Mail as Second Option
Important Note: You can utilize this method if you’re running Windows XP. Because Windows Live Mail is no longer compatible with anything other than Windows XP.
As a result, we’ll first convert orphan EML to PST followed by a large number of EML to PST.
Step 1: Convert EML to PST Free
- Open windows live mail on windows XP.
- Choose “File” >> “Import Message” from the list.
- Choose “Windows Live Mail” >> “Next” button.
- Now browse the location of EML files and press on the “Next” icon.
- After that, select the folder in which you want to import and the “OK” icon.
Step 2: Connect Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook
- Start Windows Live Mail on your machine.
- From the “File” menu, pick “File” >> “Export Option” >> “Email Messages.”
- Then, under “MS Exchange,” select “Export” >> Next >> OK.
- Then click “Next” after selecting the proper email.
- After that, complete the necessary fields and click “Finish.”
The surgery will be performed at the end. All EML files will be viewable in the Outlook account as well.
- This solution is only available to Windows XP users because Windows Live Mail is no longer available.
- The operation will take some time to complete.
- There’s no way to know if the technique will work 100 percent of the time.
Method 3: Convert EML to PST to Get Instant Solution
SysTools Software is a one-stop-shop for EML Multiple file conversion. For converting EML to PST, the application provides a lot of extra capabilities. It also allows users to convert multiple.EML files, including attachments, to the.PST format. Furthermore, it is compatible with all versions of Outlook and Windows.
You may migrate an infinite amount of EML files to PST format with its licensing version, and you can also purchase a free trial version to test the software’s capabilities. The aforementioned method can be used to bypass restrictions while manually exporting EML to PST. EML files may also be converted to PDF, HTML, and other formats.
- Download and Run the Software in your Operating System.
- Upload your EML files to the software.
- After that, click on the Export button and select the PST option.
- Then, select the destination location and click on the Export button.
- Finally, you will get Converted EML to PST.
In the last piece, we described how to convert EML to PST manually. We’ve also included professional software to assist you in overcoming the limitations of the manual method. Thank you for your interest in reading this article.