How to Convert OLM to CSV on Mac
In today’s article, we’ll look at how to convert OLM to CSV on Mac. Contacts are well-acknowledged to play an important role in our daily lives. Contacts provide vital information on people associated with our company, clients, family, and a variety of other categories.
Outlook contacts are just as vital as our regular contacts, and they can’t be relocated until you convert them to another file. Nobody wants to lose their contacts, which is why it’s a good idea to have a backup of your information.
The majority of the time, users just utilize the import/export procedure to move data, but they are ignorant of the risks involved.
Large OLM files are unable to be migrated since the procedure fails in the middle, causing damage to both applications.
Data objects saved in CSV format may lose their integrity despite the lack of a direct file transfer. The folder and file organization is messed up.
If the error notice occurs, there is a risk of data loss. The files’ structure and hierarchy have been thrown off.
As a result, using manual procedures has a lot of limitations, and using an OLM to PST converter is recommended.
What is the Use of Convert OLM to CSV on Mac?
- Both technical and non-technical persons may easily use a CSV file.
- It may be imported into Outlook, Thunderbird, and Gmail, among other email Applications.
- In a CSV file, you may save as many contacts as you like, along with all of their information.
- To access a CSV file offline, you may use Excel, Google Spreadsheets, and other clients.
Method 1: Manual solution Migrate OLM to CSV file on Mac
There are alternatives for exporting OLM files to CSV, as previously discussed. The same may be performed in two stages. Because Outlook for Mac saves contacts data as OLM files, you must first export your contacts and then convert OLM to CSV on Mac. Follow the steps outlined below to complete the conversion.
- Begin by dragging and dropping the OLM file into the Import/Export option in Mac Outlook.
- When the Import procedure is finished, go back to the Import/Export option.
- Then choose “Export to a file” from the Import and Export menu.
- After selecting Comma Separated Values, press the Next button (CSV).
- Now, as your preferred destination, pick the location where you want to save the file.
- Last but not least, click the Finish button to complete the process.
Limitations of the Manual Method
The approach indicated above has a number of problems; here are a few of them: –
- The whole process takes a long time and requires your participation.
- When you don’t have any technical experience, the process becomes time-consuming.
- The technique isn’t perfect, and you might not be able to finish it correctly.
- Other than contacts and calendars, the approach is not capable of converting other things.
The choice is yours; but, if you want a tool that is 100 percent successful, read on for a trustworthy and trusted instrument.
Method 2: The Professional way to Convert OLM to CSV on Mac
You’ve already seen the limitations and limits that might arise when utilizing the Manual Method mentioned above. As a consequence, we’ve provided the most efficient way to convert OLM to CSV on Mac.
OLM Converter software is an application that Migrates Mac Outlook data files to CSV in a matter of seconds. You may instantly access the OLM file on an Excel sheet after conversion without interruption. Because it is interoperable with all platforms, the CSV format is perfect.
The wizard offers a dual-mode option for uploading the OLM file to the software. Add a single OLM file, several OLM files, or a folder containing multiple OLM files.
- Download and Run the software in your Operating system.
- Click on Add file/Add folder option to add the OLM file and click on next.
- After that, select CSV from the Export Type Menu.
- Now, Choose a suitable destination Location and hit the Export Button.
- Finally, you will get a pop-up on the screen “Export Process Completed Successfully”.
Additional Functions of the Tool
The tool reliably convert OLM to CSV on Mac without any file size restrictions and has a boatload of additional features, which we’ll go over in more detail below.
- Allows you to export emails, contacts, calendars, notes, and other data from your Mac Outlook.
- Approve the ability to preview attachments in emails before they’re Migrated.
- Break up a large PST file into smaller chunks.
- Maintain the original folder hierarchy throughout the operation.
- The standalone software does not require the usage of an additional tool for conversion.
- Allow emails to be stored as MSG files with dates from Mac Outlook.
- Without having to install MS Outlook, you may export Mac Outlook data to PST.
The OLM to CSV Converter for Mac has been thoroughly tested and validated by experts. Users may also download the tool’s demo version before upgrading to the full version to convert OLM to CSV on mac without any problems. The tool has been designed in such a way that it may be used by non-technical people.