hey, I have a orphan MBOX file created form my Thunderbird account one year ago and I want takeout EML files from MBOX file format without using Thunderbird Application. Is there any Possible solution or not to perform this extraction process?
yes, of course, there is a manual solution as well as a direct solution is available to solve such kind of problems you have to follow some methods:
Extract Eml from Mbox file using Import/Export Wizard:
1. Firstly Open Windows Start menu and type in the Search box type %APPDATA% which is in Mbox file.
2. Select the Roaming option.
3. Now, in Windows Explorer window will open. Select the Thunderbird file.
4. After that, Open Mozilla Thunderbird email application in your system.
5. Select the Tools option from the Menu bar and then choose Import/Export Tool
6. Now Select the Import Mbox file Option.
7. Now, next Option will come where you have to choose the import way.
8. After selecting the options click on Ok button.
9. Now choose your Mbox file which you want to extract and then click on Ok.
10. Now, successfully your file will open in your Thunderbird account.
Note: To extract Eml from Mbox you have to first download the Import/Export Wizard from ADD-ONS. By using this link you can download the Import/Export Wizard
Okay, then do one thing download SysTools MBOX to PST Converter.It will help you to extract your Eml files from Mbox file format and it also provides some additional features:
1) It provides us the selection options as:
Default Profile Configured: the application will automatically configured and select files/folders from the system.
Select files/folders from system: In this users fetch MBOX files from any desired location.
2) It provides the facility to select: Export All Folder: It is used to export all Mbox files at at a time. Export Selected Folders: It is mainly used to export only the selected files.
3) Naming Convention: This refers to the naming of the final converted files such as by Subject+Date, From+Subject+Date, Autoincrement, etc.
4) Different View Mode: Normal view,Html,RTF,Hop,MIME,Hex,Properties etc.