Yes, of course, but before that, you can try the manual solution, as well as the direct solution, is available to solve such kind of problems you have to follow some methods:
1) Import Orphan MBOX to Thunderbird.
Use Import/Export Wizard to Import orphan MBOX file into already Configured account.
a) Go to Tools>>Import Export Tool >> Import MBOX File.
b) Select Desired MBOX File.
2) Configure and Save MBOX Details in Gmail Account.
a) Go to Account >> Create New Account >>Mail Account Setup.
b) Provide Gmail Credentials.
c) View Configured Gmail Account
d) Drag and Drop the Desired mailbox to Gmail Account.
3) Configure Gmail Account in Outlook Application.
a) Configure Gmail account in outlook
b)Create Account >> Provide Gmail Credentials >>
c)Outlook will automatically fetch details and configure Gmail account
d) View the MBOX File in Outlook Account
e) Use Import Export Wizard to Export Data into MBOX File Format
f) All emails will be viewed after successful Import process.
Yes,for that you can go for an Automated solution you have to download SysTools MBOX 2 PST converter. It will help you to Import MBOX files into Outlook 2016, file format without Outlook application and it also provides some additional features:
1) It detects MBOX file(If any Mbox supported application is installed).
2) It provides the Preview of MBOX Emails with Attachments.
3) It supports Windows 10 & All Other Previous Windows Version.
4) Naming Convention:This refers to the naming of the converted file such as Subject+Date, From+Subject+Date, Autoincrement, etc.
5) Different View Mode: Normal view,Html,RTF,Hop,MIME,Hex,Properties etc.