How to Export Lotus Notes to Mozilla Thunderbird
This is the blog for you if you need to export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird and are looking for an easy way to import Lotus Notes to the Thunderbird mailbox. I’ll teach you how to convert NSF files to MBOX files in this article.
Without a doubt, as time and technology progress, a variety of email clients have been developed for our convenience. As a consequence, people select the choice that best meets their needs.
Customers are also migrating from Lotus Notes to Thunderbird as their email client of choice in a number of cases.
Why do we Import Lotus Notes using Thunderbird?
People are always looking for a pleasant and rewarding work environment, and they will switch if they think the new environment is superior to the old and begin to adapt to it. Importing emails is appealing because of the new working environment, enhanced capabilities, and, most significantly, Thunderbird’s cross-platform accessibility.
Manual Method to Export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird
- In Lotus Notes, go to the File menu and choose File.
- From the drop-down menu, select Preferences.
- Select Basic Notes Client Setup from the left-hand menu.
- Under additional options, select the ‘drag and drop save as.eml file’ option. Then press the OK button.
- You can rapidly import EML files into Thunderbird after saving Lotus Notes emails as EML files.
Manually Importing NSF items Drawbacks
- Users will not be able to import NSF objects in bulk into Thunderbird.
- It will take time, and there is a possibility that data will be lost in the process.
- If you utilize the manual method, you won’t be able to export contacts, calendars, tasks, or other items into Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Manual operations need much too much technical knowledge or expertise.
Professional Method to Export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird
To overcome these issues and complications, our team created SysTools Lotus Notes NSF Migration Tool, which converts emails, contacts, calendars, and other data objects directly to Mozilla Thunderbird MBOX format.
Customize may customize the application to meet their own demands and requirements, as well as do selective data processing. There are numerous toolkits on the market, but this one outperforms them by a wide margin. It can also batch convert NSF document files with email attachments.
- Download and Run the software in your OS.
- After that, click on Add file/ folder option and upload it into the software.
- Now, you can get a complete preview of your data.
- Then, click on Export Button and Select MBOX format from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the Next Button to continue the whole process.
- Now, select the destination path to save the converted files.
- Then, click on the Export button to start the whole process.
- Finally, Export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird.
Benefits of using our Tool
- At Your Own Risk, Examine Thunderbird Emails:
- Configured Mode: This option allows the application to automatically discover and scan all mailbox items from a configured Thunderbird account.
- Select File/Folder Mode: Scan MBOX files from your local system, whether they are single files or many files.
- Examine the Thunderbird emails before converting them.
- Migration can be done selectively or in batches.
- When converting Thunderbird emails to Lotus Notes, no data is lost.
- It’s a good idea to store email characteristics and attachments.
- Divide the resulting NSF files as needed.
What Does It Mean to Convert Lotus Notes NSF to Thunderbird?
This section explains why Lotus Notes objects were transferred to Thunderbird.
- NSF files cannot be opened in any other email software by IBM Notes users.
- Due to high maintenance costs, users want to move their data from Lotus Notes to Thunderbird.
- In IBM Notes, users cannot access mailbox data unless a user.id file is attached.
- Using a sophisticated email client (such as Lotus Notes) may slow down your daily routine and restrict its utility.
- It sets some restrictions on the exclusive database, as well as requirements for connectivity and security.
- Thunderbird users have access to a wide range of capabilities, including highly adjustable features, security and privacy, and much more.
I hope this article has given you a complete method for export Lotus Notes to Thunderbird. The professional solution is always recommended because of built-in functions such as bulk migration, safety & security, removal of duplicate items, excluding document folders, remove of encryption, data range conversion, and so on.