How to Import CSV Contacts to iCloud
Many individuals use CSV files to save their contact information since they can be recognized by a number of contact management software. However, the CSV file format is incompatible with iCloud. As a result, importing CSV contacts to iCloud becomes more complicated. Let us better understand this case with the help of Import CSV Contacts to iCloud.
“I have an Excel CSV file with all of my professional and personal contacts, and I recently purchased a MacBook.” All of the CSV contacts should be saved to iCloud so that I can access them from wherever.
However, I don’t have a lot of technical knowledge in this field. So, could someone kindly teach me how to import CSV contacts to iCloud quickly and easily? Thank you kindly!”
This article was created in an attempt to resolve the issue. Here, we’ll show you some of the most trustworthy and straightforward solutions to the issue.
Why did users Import CSV Contacts to iCloud?
The reasons for exporting Outlook.com Contacts to iCloud are listed below.
- Apple iCloud is more user-friendly than Microsoft Outlook, and customers want to try it out.
- For synchronizing contacts between the users’ two email clients that they use at the same time. It is necessary to have access to all contacts in both email accounts in order to make effective use of them.
- The Outlook server is periodically unavailable, preventing users from accessing their accounts. Users lose a lot of time as a result of this.
- When compared to Outlook, iCloud provides far better protection and privacy for contacts and other email data.
All of the aforementioned factors demonstrate the need to import CSV contacts to iCloud.
Manually Importing Contacts from CSV Files into iCloud
Because importing contacts from an Excel spreadsheet (CSV) into iCloud is not possible. As a result, you’ll need to convert it to VCF format first. Here are several manual options for getting the job done swiftly.
Method 1: Use Gmail to upload a CSV file to iCloud.
Use the two-step approach shown below to import CSV Contacts to iCloud using a Gmail account:
Step 1: Import the CSV file to vCard
- To begin, go to your Gmail account and sign in.
- Then pick Contacts from the Google Apps icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the More button in the Contacts box, then the Import option from the menu.
- After that, an Import Contacts wizard will display in front of you; choose the CSV contacts file using the Choose File option.
- Select the CSV file and then click the Import option. It successfully transfers all contacts.
- Go to your Gmail account and click the Contacts >> More>>button to export
- Select All Contacts from the ‘Which contacts do you wish to export?’ area of the Export Contacts dialogue, and vCard format as the export file type.
- Finally, click the Export option and the contacts will be exported. On the desktop, the vcf file begins to download.
Step 2: Import Contacts to iCloud
- Log in to the iCloud with your valid credentials to begin the process.
- Then, to move the address book from CSV to iCloud, click the Contacts button.
- Navigate to the down-left preview panel on the new window screen and select the Settings tab. After that, select Import vCard from the drop-down menu to import CSV contacts to iCloud.
- To Import CSV contacts to an iCloud account, navigate to the VCF file on your computer and select the Open button.
- Finally, all of your contacts will be transferred to your iCloud, where you may view them at any time from anywhere.
Method 2: Import CSV Contacts to iCloud
- To import a CSV address book to iCloud, press the Windows + R keys at the same time, or just click the Start button and type Run into the search box. After that, press the Enter key.
- Select the Import option from the Contacts pane.
- Now you must navigate to the CSV file’s location and pick it. Click the Next button after that.
- Click the Finish button after mapping the needed or relevant field.
- Select Export as vCard (folder of.vcf data Files) and then click the Export button.
- Finally, you may easily import this VCF file into your iCloud account.
Method 3: Automate Way to Import CSV Contacts to iCloud
This CSV To vCard Converter Software can batch-transfer all of your Excel contacts without losing any data. It has a simple user interface that even unskilled users can utilize without any help. It works with Windows 10, as well as all earlier versions of the operating system.
Establishing communication, sharing information, and organizing real-time meetings and activities all need contact. As a result, in this blog, we’ve covered a completely manual method for import CSV contacts to iCloud. A trustworthy third-party software can also be used. This tool will help you simply convert your Excel address book to a VCF file.