How to Import Gmail emails to Thunderbird
Despite the fact that Gmail is a web-based email service and Thunderbird is a desktop-based email client, some people opt to Import Gmail emails to Thunderbird for a variety of reasons.
There’s a danger that your Gmail account may be hacked or deleted, erasing all of your email data.
Other circumstances, such as unintended deletion, may cause customers to go to significant measures to recover their information. It is not always guaranteed, however, that your data will be returned to you.
A Google outage is another reason to Move Gmail emails to Thunderbird. In the event of a Google outage, none of Google’s services will be available.
Keeping your emails on a desktop platform might be useful in these situations, allowing you to access them whenever you need them.
To avoid a range of other concerns, you should not rely on a single email provider and instead, keep a backup of your data on your PC.
Method 1: Manual way to Import Gmail emails to Thunderbird
In these cases, keeping your emails on a desktop platform may be beneficial, allowing you to access them whenever you need them.
You should not rely on a single email service and instead retain a transfer Gmail emails to Thunderbird your PC to avoid a variety of additional issues.
- Setting up your Gmail account on your desktop with Thunderbird is straightforward.
- From the drop-down menu, select Data and Personalization, then Download Your Data.
- Select the Deselect all option to begin exporting Gmail emails to Thunderbird method.
- For the email account, you wish to back up, select the Mail option.
- Select the distribution mechanism, file type, and file size for the selected objects.
- Select the Create Archive option to begin the download.
- After the download has begun, the user may check on its progress.
The information will be downloaded in the form of a .zip file. When the.zip file is extracted, and the MBOX file is created.
Now, you have to Move Gmail emails to Thunderbird Client. So, click on Import MBOX file to Thunderbird to get a complete solution.
Manual Method Limitation
- The ability to download archived files using Google Takeout is limited.
- Users are unable to correctly download the data since it causes issues throughout the download process.
- Updating a 2GB archive folder also takes a lengthy time.
- Google Takeout predicts that the operation will take hours or days, depending on the size of the order.
- As a result, the operation grows in scope and duration.
- These procedures are difficult for a non-technical individual to do.
Method 2: Automated Way to Import Gmail emails to Thunderbird
We propose utilizing the Gmail Backup tool to effortlessly transfer Gmail emails to Thunderbird the data. Anyone with an Internet connection may use the application since it features a simple graphical user interface. Users may easily and without size limits export bulk emails with attachments to Thunderbird.
- Download and Run the software in your Operating System.
- After that, fill in the credentials to log in.
- Now, you will get a pop on your screen and click OK to start the process.
- Allow access to retrieve your Gmail data after validating the credentials.
- Then, select MBOX file format to Take Backup.
- Now, choose the destination location and click on Start Button.
- Finally, you will get a pop-up on your software screen “Download Completed Successfully”.
Final Step to Import MBOX file to Thunderbird
Log in to your Thunderbird account and follow the steps below to get started:
- Tools, then Import/Export Tools, and finally MBOX File Import from the menu bar.
- Select the ‘Import directly one or more MBOX files’ radio option.
- Using the application, choose the previously downloaded file from the system.
Users opt to switch networks due to shifts in their preferences and priorities. Because of its capacity to keep data safe, the majority of people today use Mozilla Thunderbird as their email client.
As a result, this article covers both the manual and automatic methods for Import Gmail emails to Thunderbird.