Migrate Exchange Server Data From EDB to Office 365 Account
In this informative blog we will discuss the Microsoft Exchange application. Also, we will discuss the Office 365 application alongside we’ll enlighten the topic EDB to Office 365 Migration. As there have been multiple queries such as mentioned below:
“I have a big EDB file collection, I want to migrate all my data to my Office 365. Please suggest a method through which i can migrate all my Exchange server data to my Office 365 account.”
“Is there any manual method available in-order to migrate EDB file data to Office 365. Please Suggest!!!!”
The Microsoft Exchange Server
The Exchange server is a mail/ calendaring server application by Microsoft. It runs on the Windows server editions 4.0 and 5.0 exclusively and comes bundled with an email client i.e. Microsoft Exchange. The Exchange application uses popular EDB file format.
The Office 365 Application
The Office 365 application refers to subscription plans including access to services provided along with the web based cloud services. The applications provided include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Onenote, Publisher and Access.
Manual Methodology to Migrate Exchange EDB Files
There are some methodologies provided by Microsoft to perform such migration. The user can select the appropriate method based the Exchange environment, number of mailboxes and also the time in which the user requires the process to be completed. The following methodologies made available by Microsoft:
- Cutover Migration.
- A user friendly third party Tool
Selecting Suitable Methodology – Exchange EDB to Office 365
The Cutover Migration – Mailbox with 150 mails can be migrated very easily
Following are the necessary steps:
- Create Empty Security groups in Office 365.
- Perform verification on your on premises domain with your Office 365 account to ensure that the domain is owned by you.
- Establish connection between the Office 365 account and the existing mail system.
- To create a batch add multiple EDB files in-order to migrate them in a single cycle.
- Start the cut-over migration process and route your emails to Office 365.
- Once the process is complete. Delete the cut-over migration batch.
- Assign licenses for Office 365 account for the exported contacts.
The Perfect Solution
The Above mentioned are the steps to migrate EDB to Office 365 account. All of these steps are simple if the user is technically aware having prior technical knowledge. Thus, It is always recommended that the user should go for a third party software to perform hassle free migration. One such effective & efficient utility is the “Exchange MailBox Repair Tool” from the Brand “SysTools”. Following are the features of the software:
- Recover and Export Exchange EDB to Office 365 account.
- Supports EDB files from Exchange server 2016, 2013 & all below versions.
- Scan and Load Exchange EDB file results.
- Categorized Export options: Mails, Contacts, Calendars, tasks & Journals.
- Date & Time based Filtering to export EDB files from Exchange 2016, 2013 & lower versions.
- Supports Export of dismounted and Offline EDB files.
- Compatible with the latest Microsoft Windows 10.
In this informative we have discussed the Office 365 application and the Microsoft Exchange Server application. We defined the manual approach to migrate EDB to Office 365. We also illustrated a third party software to perform the same migration. As the manual approach requires good technical intellect on the user’s behalf in-order to perform the migration. Thus the user can easily utilize a third party software to perform the migration.