How to Fox Outlook Automatically Closes After Opening
When you try to fix outlook automatically closes after opening, it keeps shutting down. Is this something you’re dealing with? When you try to open Outlook right now, it closes after a few seconds. Then we must figure out what’s going on behind the scenes and how we might assist you in resolving the issue.
Let’s start with why people use Outlook in the first place:
Reasons and Causes to fix Outlook Automatically Closes After Opening
- There are compatibility issues.
- As the outcome of a computer virus.
- In damaged or corrupted PST files, too many “Add-ins” cause Outlook to crash.
- The information in the “Windows Registry File” is wrong.
- While upgrading to the latest version of Outlook, it crashes.
Now that we’ve learnt about some of the reasons, let’s have a look at some of them….
Examples of another issue:
- Outlook has stopped working
- Safe mode crash
- Crash on start-up
- Outlook isn’t functioning correctly
- The software fails while sending emails or loading profiles
- Rundll32 / olmapi32.dll / kernelbase.dll / wwlib.dll / ntdll.dll
Method 1: Automated Method to fix Outlook Automatically Closes after Opening
The Outlook PST Repair tool from SysTools is a professional application that fixes problems with Outlook PST data files. You may use this tool to simply migrate from Outlook to other email clients that are easier to use and access. You may also use the application to recover data from an Outlook PST file that has been corrupted or damaged, with the same file structure and folder hierarchy as the original.
- Download and execute the software on your PC.
- Next, select your PST file to upload by clicking the Add file option.
- At this point, the application will restore your PST file and provide you with a preview of its contents.
- Next, select PST file format from the Export button’s drop-down box.
- After that, select a target location and click the Export button.
- Finally, the process is completed.
You may use a manual method to fix outlook automatically closes after opening on Windows OS, in addition to utilizing the third-party tool mentioned above. As a consequence, you can use one of two approaches to fix difficulties with Microsoft Outlook, such as Outlook 2016 keeps shutting down, Outlook 2013, 2010, or Outlook 2007. So, to get a successful result, follow the steps listed below in order.
Method 2: Make sure your anti-virus software
Other system security clients and apps include McAfee, Avast, Avira, and others. Some specific settings that you’ve selected as a preference or that are enabled by default in Outlook may create issues.
Remove the security software/antivirus tool for a few minutes to see if it helps; in most cases, the Security / Antivirus tool was the only reason for the tool’s failure. You can delete antivirus/security software once the issue has been rectified.
Method 3: Repairing Microsoft Office
- Go to Microsoft’s website and type in Microsoft Office’s most current “Build Number.”
- Press “R” while holding down the Windows key to bring up the Windows Run dialogue box.
- In the field, type the following information and hit “Enter”:
user updatetoversion=16.0.build number”
- Select the option to “Repair” Office in a decent manner when requested.
- Your repairing procedure is now complete once you’ve completed the preceding stages.
Method 4: Disable Outlook Add-ons
You might wish to fix outlook automatically closes after opening add-ons if you’re using them to boost your productivity and workflow. Most customers experience Outlook operational faults when add-ins are added. Follow these instructions to disable Outlook add-ons.
- Hold down the “CTRL” key on your keyboard while you start Outlook. Hopefully, Outlook will now operate in Safe Mode.
- From the menu bar, choose “File” > “Manage Add-Ins.”
- You must now disable plugins to see if they are the cause of your issue. If any add-ons are enabled, choose “Disable this add-in.”
- Then, to quit Outlook, click “Close.”
- Prelaunch the Outlook application. We prepare for it, it starts, and you are free of difficulties.
Hopefully, Outlook is now operational. We have a different option if Outlook shuts automatically after opening.
Method 5: Clean up Email using the Inbuilt Repair Tool
To repair your inbox, follow the steps below:
- Close Outlook and go to the File menu and choose Folders.
- Select the Show hidden files and folders option to locate the scanpst.exe file.
Because scanpst.exe is a hidden file, follow these instructions:
- Look for it under Start->Control Panel.
- Select Folder Options or File Explorer Options from the View tab.
- Click Ok after selecting Show hidden files and folders from the Hidden files and folders box.
- Next, go to the area where Microsoft Office was installed.
- Look for scanpst.exe in this folder; if it isn’t there, manually look for it.
All information saved in Outlook PST files is included, including emails, calendars, contacts, and so on. Outlook, on the other hand, regularly shuts after being launched, and we are unable to recover PST files. You can get the best tool to fix outlook automatically closes after opening since free techniques fail to recover Outlook.