As we all know that Microsoft Outlook is an email client that already provides a lot of features which are inbuilt in it. But still, sometimes we need to move to other platforms as per the situation demands. Similarly, in some situation, you may need to move Outlook PST to Office 365 Online. It is also known as Exchange Online in short. So, if you’re looking for a manual solution, then Yes! It can be done manually using Office 365 Azure PST Import Tool but its very hard to upload PST to Office 365 if the data is large.
How Office 365 Azure PST Import Tool Works
Install Azure AzCopy tool that will copy or upload PST to Office 365 Cloud. Now copy the SAS URL of the organization. Where, SAS URL is a combination of network URL for the Azure storage location in Office 365 and Shared Access Signature key.
- With SAS key admin gets the permission to upload PST files to Azure storage location.
- Now admin can move or copy data files in an Azure storage location with the help of AzCopy.exe tool that will upload PST file to Office 365.
- Admin also can check a list of uploaded PST files with the help of Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer.
- Once the PST files are transferred to Office 365 cloud storage, the admin will create a CSV file that will define the mailboxes associated with corresponding PST files.
- At last, an admin will create an import job in Office 365 that will use information from CSV file to import Outlook PST file to Office 365 corresponding user mailbox.
An alternative to Azure PST Import Tool – Office365Import (Simple & Efficient Solution)
Getting an Office 365 Azure PST import service alternative is very important to upload PST to Office 365 account. AzCopy is a complicated process to perform so its needed to get some method that can help the user to import PST file to Office 365 cloud. So Office365Import Tool is the best alternative that is available able to perform this process.