How to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2010? Get the Solution
How to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2010? Get the Solution
Summary: Many users face corruption issue in Exchange Server and most of them don’t know how to repair corrupted mailbox Exchange 2010. Here, in this article, we will guide users and provide solution that help users to repair their corrupted or damaged Exchange 2010 mailbox.
Microsoft Exchange Server is widely used by many IT companies and other industry verticals around the globe for the communication and business purpose. All the Exchange data such as: mails, notes, tasks, calendars, contacts, journals, etc… in the mailboxes. All this information is very essential for organization or users. That’s why it is necessary to keep it safe ad secure from various threats, error or corruption issue.
As we all know that all the Exchange mailboxes are stored in the EDB file which is the main repository of Exchange Server & it is prone to corruption. When any mailbox gets corrupted then users cannot access the mailboxes and its data items because it become inaccessible. Due to this issue you won’t be able to send or receive mails and it also disrupt the work flow.
When any company lose their Exchange data then they have to face its consequences which is given below:
- Have to face the legal charges or penalties
- Bear the heavy financial loss
- Their clients or users will start losing trust in them
- In rare situation they may run out of business
- There growth and reputation will start decreasing
These are some of the major repercussions that they have to go through. So, to avoid all this trouble it is important to repair the corrupted Exchange database mailbox.
Manual Method For How to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2010
You can use the New-MailboxRepairRequest Exchange PowerShell command which easily detect & fix the Exchange mailbox corruption issue. Users can use this cmdlet on Exchange Server 2010 / 2013 / 2016 and above version.
Users can use this Exchange New-MailboxRepairRequest PowerShell cmdlet on a particular Exchange database mailbox or all the mailbox in the EDB. When you execute the command to repair mailbox then no one can access that Exchange mailbox. The only way to stop the repair request that you have to dismount the Exchange database.
Also, if users want to avoid the performance issue then for the database level-repair there should be only one request that can be active on the server and for the mailbox level-repair, only upto 100 request can be active on server. Users have to assign some permission before running the cmdlet.
Use New-MailboxRepairRequest Cmdlet to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2010
1. Insert the following command mentioned below to detect as well as repair all the folder views for the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox email@example.com -CorruptionType FolderView
2. Execute the cmdlet given below to only detect as well as report on the ProvisionedFolder & SearchFolder corruption problem to the kabir malibox. In addition to this, the cmldet provided here does not repair the mailbox.
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox kabir -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder -DetectOnly
3. Run the command provided below to detects & repair the AggregateCounts for all the mailbox on the Exchange mailbox database.
New-MailboxRepairRequest Database Mailbox-Database01 -CorruptionType AggregateCounts
4. Enter the given cmdlet detects as well as repairs all the corruption type for the Robin mailbox
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox robin -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder,AggregateCounts,Folderview -Archive
5. For Example: use the cmdlet mentioned below to which creates a variable that identifies the Marley mailbox & then use that particular variable to specify the value for the StoreMailbox & Database parameter to create a request which detects and repair all the corruption type.
$Mailbox = Get-MailboxStatistics marley
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Database $Mailbox.Database -StoreMailbox $Mailbox.MailboxGuid -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder,AggregateCounts,Folderview
Shortcoming Of Manual Solution
- Cannot repair the offline/dismounted corrupted Exchange EDB file and mailboxes
- It is a time-consuming and prolonged method
- Users should be technically sound and have hands-on experience
Note: Due to corruption issue sometimes the Exchange database goes into dismounted / offline state. Then the solution provide here cannot repair the Exchange mailbox. In that case, users can use the advance solution provide in the below section which support this EDB and easily repair the database in a simplified manner without using any cmdlet.
Use Automated Wizard for How to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2010
Users can use the SysTools Exchange Recovery Tool which support offline/dismounted Exchange database file (Public & Private) and provides Quick & Advance scanning mode which recovers and repair minimal & highly corrupted EDB file in a hassle freeway without any hindrance. To remove the minor corrupt select the Quick scan and for the major corruption click on Advance scan mode.
Many IT professionals, Exchange and novice users use this utility to repair the offline corrupted Exchange database file and mailboxes. After recovery, users also can export the recovered EDB mailboxes directly to the Live Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 mailboxes, office 365, and various other file formats.
Notable Features Of Automated Solution
- Support Offline Streaming Media and Exchange Database File
- Preview offline/dismounted Exchange mailbox data items before conversion
- Keep the metadata intact & preserve actual folder hierarchy
- Category option export the selective Exchange EDB mailbox items
- Remove (OpenPGP/SMIME) email encryption from Exchange database mailboxes
- Date filter option export the Exchange data within specified time period
- Suitable will Exchange Server & MS Outlook (2003 – 2016), Windows OS all version
Working Steps to Repair Corrupted Exchange 2010 Mailbox
1. Download the automated tool and launch it on your local system
2. Then, select the add file button to load offline corrupted Exchange database
3. Click on Advance scan >> Select the add button
4. Preview the recovered Exchange database mailboxes >> Click on export button
5. Select the offline Exchange 2010 .edb file mailboxes and export it to the desired export option
Bringing It All Together
In this write-up, we have provide the complete information on how to repair corrupted mailbox Exchange 2010 by using the solution provide here. If users want to repair the on-premise Exchange mailbox from corruption then they can use the manual method but if the EDB goes into offline/dismounted mode then users can use the advance solution described in the above section which easily repair the minor and highy corrupted offline Exchange database in a simplified way without any hassle. Rest, depending on the user preferences they can select the solution and repair the required mailbox.