“I work on Microsoft Outlook from so many years. Recently, I switched from the Mac Operating system laptop to Windows-based Operating system. Now, I want to move Mac Outlook contacts to Windows Outlook. But I am not able to figure out how can I implement this task. Is there any way using which I can export Mac Outlook contacts to Windows Outlook?”
Nowadays, people switch from one platform to another platform rapidly due to multiple factors such as business need, better performance, and efficiency etc. Additionally, the requirements from a user to user varies. In today’s era, Microsoft Outlook is one of the most frequently used email client by various organizations. However, Outlook users are divided into two categories: Mac Outlook users and Windows Outlook user. Sometimes, Mac Outlook users need to export contacts to Windows Outlook. Unfortunately, users are not able to find a simple and reliable way to export Mac Outlook contacts to Windows Outlook. Thus, in this blog, we are going to explain the complete procedure to move Mac Outlook contacts to Windows Outlook.
Steps to Export Mac Outlook Contacts to Windows Outlook
In this section, we are going to introduce a step-by-step process to move Mac Outlook contacts to Windows Outlook. The user has to follow the 2-step process to move contacts from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
- Export Contacts from Mac Outlook In CSV
- Import CSV Contacts File to Windows Outlook
Step 1: Move Contacts from Mac Outlook in CSV File Format
- First, open Outlook application on your Mac Operating system
- Now, click on Contacts and from the File menu, choose Export
- After that, a dialog box will appear saying ‘What do you want to export?’. Here, you need to select Contacts to a list (tab-delimited text) option and then click on the right arrow
- Next, a Save box will appear on your screen. You have to enter the name of the file with the .csv extension
- In the Where field you have to choose the location to save file
- Finally, click on Save button
Step 2: Import CSV Contacts File to Windows Outlook
- Open Outlook on your Windows system and click on File
- Now, select Open & Export > Import/Export
- In the Import and Export Wizard, you have to select Import from another program or file option and then click on the Next button
- Now, select Comma Separated Values and then click on the Next button
- Browse the .csv file which you exported in Step 1
- Under the Options section, choose to replace duplicates/create duplicate contacts/not import duplicates as per your choice
- Click on the Next button and select the destination location to save the CSV contacts file
- Also, make sure the check-box next to Import ‘My Contacts.csv’ is selected
- Click on Map Custom Fields option and then click on OK > Finish
Considering a Genuine Case:
“One of the clients demanded that he need to convert Mac OLM contacts into PST file format. Now, I am not able to understand, how can I convert Mac OLM contacts into PST file format. Please suggest me an instant and trustworthy software to complete this task as soon as possible.”
Here Is the Wise Man’s Approach!
Sometimes, the user needs to export Mac Outlook contacts to Windows Outlook. To save time and eliminate complicated situations, users opt for an automated yet reliable solution to implement the process i.e. SysTools Mac OLM Converter.
With Mac OLM Converter, one can easily convert Mac Outlook OLM files in bulk without any problem. The software allows the user to convert selected Mac OLM files with the help of date filter option. Moreover, the tool is capable to maintain the on-disk folder hierarchy of the OLM files even after the conversion process. No data loss or security issues are associated with the software.
There are many users who search for a simple yet reliable approach to export Mac Outlook contacts to Windows Outlook. Thus, in the above section, we have explained the complete process to move contacts from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. Additionally, we have also introduced an automated way to export Mac OLM contacts to Windows Outlook in a hassle-free way.