Learn How to Take Backup of Office 365 Mailbox – Efficient Approach to Follow
Summary: Are you using Microsoft Office 365 productivity suite and store all your mailbox data on the cloud? Do you want to know how to take backup of Office 365 mailbox locally and why is it important? If yes, then you are in the right place as you will get answers to all your questions in this article.
Now the Point is – Where the Issues Get Started
To completely understand the issues with Office 365, let me take you to a common scenario: –
“I would like to save a copy of Office 365 Mailboxes to my hard drive. Is there any way to do this? Other than the data center level backup given by Microsoft, is it possible to keep a backup copy of Office 365 emails, contacts & calendars into a local storage copy?”
Now, this scenario clears that Office 365 is a complete application on its own, which works in a hosted mode. Therefore, you get access to all Office applications but only when you are online / connected to the server.
How to Take Backup of Office 365 Mailbox Efficiently?
As it is obvious that users cannot have web access 24×7 or let’s assume that even if they have it then the threat of data loss, data theft, and unreliable cloud storage is always there with web access.
In such a situation, the users start looking for ways to make data more secure & easily accessible. The Office 365 Mailbox Backup Utility offers various features too to make the process simple and effortless.
What is the Need for Office 365 Offline Mode?
Based on users’ queries regarding Office 365 offline usage here this part of the article explained the need for Office 365 offline mode.
Apart from Microsoft data center level backup, the user needs a utility to take backup of Office 365 mailbox stored locally. Here, the difference between data center level backup and the user requirement is that “Microsoft provides cloud storage to store your Office 365 data, i.e. emails, contacts, calendars, etc. Users can download this data but not in abstract form. Whole data will be downloaded in bulk creating complexity for users to extract the useful one. On the other hand, a user in the mentioned scenario is asking for a utility that can perform a scheduled backup of Office 365 mailbox as per the requirement.”
Hence, the need for Office 365 offline mode is cleared from the above. Now let’s proceed with the all-in-one solution that can take backup of the Office 365 mailbox in your system.
Secure Way to Take Backup of Office 365 Mailbox Locally
The software to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST is one of its kind and you cannot find a similar utility that claims to backup Office 365 account with such advanced filtering features for user convenience.
- Chances of data loss during backup
- How to backup multiple accounts at once?
- Is source formatting preserved?
- How to import the data to other formats?
The tool surpasses all the challenges:
- The utility can backup multiple user accounts simultaneously.
- No data misuse or loss occurs & the source formatting is maintained.
- A live backup status is provided with a CSV report generation of the same.
- Filter options are provided to make the backup customized and manageable.
Steps to Backup Office 365 Mailbox on Local System
Below are the steps to backup Office 365 mailbox.
- Download Software to Take Backup of O365 Mailbox on Windows OS.
- Select Microsoft 365 as Source Platform and Outlook as Destination Platform.
- Select Mailbox Categories and Use Date-Filter to backup only selective data.
- Enter Microsoft 365 Admin ID and Application ID under their corresponding fields to take backup of Office 365 mailbox.
- Select the Backup Location of O365 Data and Size of PST File.
- Finally, choose the mailboxes that you want to backup and click on the Start Backup button.
In-short Office 365 Mailbox Backup
Hence, this is a powerful tool that aids you to save your Office 365 mailbox data locally in a few steps.
Nowadays, it has been a regular practice by most organizations and other users to take backup of Office 365 mailboxes. It is because of the increasing number of ransomware attacks at a rapid pace. So, many experts suggest that Microsoft 365 administrators use a third-party tool as mentioned above to keep a backup copy as it makes the entire job efficient.
Q. What are the simple steps to take backup of O365 Mailboxes with 100% Security?
A. There are only 5 main steps to make the process simple and secure:
- Step 1. Install Tool to Take Backup of Office 365 Mailboxes
- Step 2. Backup Emails, Calendar, Contacts, and Documents
- Step 3. Enter Required Office 365 Details in the Fields
- Step 4. Select Destination Path to Save Backup Copy of Data
- Step 5. Finally, Start Backup Process Securely Within the Tool
Q. How many times can I backup my data using this software?
A. You can take backup of O365 mailboxes multiple times using the delta migration option. This option will download only newly arrived data within the mailboxes without creating duplicates.