How to Import MSG Files to Outlook?
We’ll walk you through 4 free-step techniques for Import MSG files to Outlook in this article. The approach you pick will be determined by your needs and convenience of use. But, regardless of whether you want individual, selective, or volume import, we assure you that we have a solution for you.
Users may send and receive emails on their computers using the email software Outlook. MSG and PST are the two file formats used by Outlook. As a consequence, before importing MSG files into Outlook PST, users can convert them to PST format.
MSG file– An MSG file (.msg) is an Outlook file format for storing a single message object, such as an appointment, email, or task. MSG files may be simply transferred to Outlook. If you want to associate MSG file to Outlook.
Free Solution to Add MSG files to Outlook
There are three ways to accomplish this work, depending on your needs. The first option is to drag and drop the file, the second is to copy and paste, and the third is to open the. msg file directly in Microsoft Outlook. If none of these ways appeal to you and you need to convert MSG files to PST, use the professional approach advised in the next section.
Method 1: Drag and Drag option to Import MSG files to Outlook
- You must first launch MS Outlook, after which you may create a new folder in the Mail section.
- Then, you can now give the newly generated folder name of your choosing and let the user move MSG files into any existing folder.
- After that, look for all MSG files in the folder where they were saved.
- Now, you must first select all files, after which you must drag these files. Place them in the newly created folder now (MSG file).
- Finally, all of the messages will be imported into the new folder, and you will be able to access MSG files in Outlook.
- You may import MSG files into Outlook PST using the method described above. If the preceding method isn’t working for you, try the following option.
Method 2: Copy and Paste MSG files
To import a batch of MSG files, simply follow these simple steps:
- Select all MSG files and then press Ctrl+C to copy them all.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and go to the location where you wish to save the MSG files.
- To paste all of the copied contents into this folder, use Ctrl+V.
- All of the files will appear in the Outlook interface right away.
If you attend procedures, additionally, these solutions for import MSG files to Outlook have significant restrictions.
Method 3: Using the Open with Outlook Solution
There is a technique to directly open MSG files to Outlook because there is a built-in option to store Outlook messages as MSG. All you have to do is complete the following steps:
- Select the MSG file with the right-click menu.
- Select the option to Open with.
- Then choose Outlook (desktop).
- The MSG file will be opened in the Outlook interface.
- Now select Move >> Copy to Folder from the menu.
- Click the OK button after selecting the folder where you want to save the MSG file.
Limitations of Manual Method
- The previous MSG file will not work with the new Outlook version.
- Import several MSG files into Outlook PST is a time-consuming operation.
- These approaches can be performed by a non-technical individual with comprehensive assistance.
- You must carefully follow each step. Otherwise, data loss may occur.
- We will propose a third-party specialist to help you overcome these limits.
Method 3: Quick Solution to Import MSG files to Outlook
The SysTools Software enables you to import multiple MSG files into Outlook account in a batch. It has filters that allow you to import only the data you want. Furthermore, there is no risk of data loss because of its extensive collection of features.
Download the free version of the MSG to the Outlook Conversion tool to learn how it works. Although it restricts the number of objects you may convert, it is an excellent method to test the software’s functionality. After all, you can only purchase the complete version after you’ve verified the tool’s functionality.
- Download and Run the software in your system.
- Click on Add file/Add folder option and add your MSG
- Now, click on the Export button and select the PST file option.
- Then apply the Advance setting option.
- After that, select a suitable destination-saving location.
- Finally, hit the Export to start the conversion process.
Now you can easily import this PST file into any outlook version including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and other versions.
Then, we have to import the PST file to Outlook click here to get the accurate result and complete solution.
This post will teach users how to import MSG files to Outlook. Manually importing and saving MSG files in Microsoft Outlook. When traditional methods fail or clients seek a faster and better way to export data, robust applications have been developed. Users will have no issue completing this project because these applications were chosen by experts.