Merge two Calendar Events in Outlook in Two Ways
Users need to merge multiple calendars into a single one so that they can have access to all their calendar events in any place.
That is where the issue starts because most of the users do not know the method for merging calendars.
But not to worry! Outlook does provide some options
From events to meeting requests, Outlook’s calendar feature can be a precious business tool for any small company or organization.
“Hello, I have events and appointments in different calendars in my Outlook account but I want all events into one calendar. How can I merge calendar events, suggest me some way? – Jamie Roe”.
To merge two calendar events in Outlook, first, export data from the calendar and then, secondly import it into Outlook selected folder. This process can be handy if your appointments are with coworkers or if you need to merge two Outlook calendars of your own that remain on different computers.
Methods to Merge Two Calendar Events in Outlook
There are two ways to perform merge multiple calendars:
Way 1: Manual Solution
For Export Calendar file
- Run Outlook >> Select Calendar
- Hit File tab
- Then, go to the Advanced option and press Export.
- Tick “Export to a file”.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) >> hit the option Next.
- Select the desired calendar folder which you want to export.
- Check/uncheck the “Include subfolders” >> press Next .
- Fill destination after clicking on Browse button and add location
- Press the Finish button.
Make a new folder in Outlook
Run Outlook >> click New item then, More items and Outlook data file
Save as Outlook data file(.pst) – this folder will be saved in Outlook.
For Import calendar file
- Hit File option,
- Then click Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Select – Import from another program or file
- Tick on Outlook data file(.pst)
- In file to import section – add Browse (location) and tick on “do not import duplicates” >> Next
(Add password if it demands)
- Now, at last fill, in the folder you want to import from i.e. Outlook data file(.pst) >> tick on Included subfolders >> tap on Finish.
After these steps, your desired calendars events merged into Outlook for sure. But you need to carefully follow the steps and repeat every way, in case you have more than 2-3 calendars files.
Way 2: Automated Solution to Merge Two Calendar Events in Outlook
Use expert suggested PST Merger Software, steps are literally so easy as you can see.
- Download the software and start it on your system.
- The next step is to Add a File / Folder into the software.
- Afterward, click on the merge option and then press the Next button to move further.
- Here, you have to click on the option saying merge in new PST
- fill filters “item type”(select calendar), “date range“, & “split file into size” >> Next
- The merge process is done.
Now you can compare both ways and decide how you want to solve your solution, with the help of “lengths” of both procedures/ways.
Benefits of Automated process
- There are some merits of professional tool which I would like to share :
- Easily merge calendar as well as emails, contacts, tasks, etc.
- Other than merge you can Join the PST files too.
- Merge two or more PST files in existing PST, new PST, and Outlook profile.
- Gives search files an option, if users don’t know the location of the PST file.
- Merge orphaned, password-protected PST file.
- Only selected folders can be merged.
- Removes junk, delete or duplicate files
- Supports all Windows and Outlook editions.
- Free trial demo version up to 15 items from each folder.
The above content fully explained the way of “How to Merge Two Calendar Events in Outlook”. The manual way is surely lengthy but is agitated when you need to repeat it again and again. Use a manual method in case you have only 1 or 2 calendars files otherwise use a second method. I’m hoping that I convey my thoughts to you.