What type of email account are you using? IMAP or POP?
If you are using POP account, then you can continue with Barry and Kerry.
If you are working on Microsoft Exchange account, then check “cache exchange mode” is enable or not. If not, then enable it.
To do so:
Click on “File” Tab >> “Info” >> “Account Settings” >> On the “Email” Tab, Select Exchange account and click on “Change” >> Under “Microsoft Exchange Server” settings >> Check “Use Cache Exchanged Mode”. You can check another setting to resolve your occurred error.
You can also set up Microsoft Outlook to check for new e-mail messages at intervals of one minute to 1,440 minutes (one day).
To do so:
• Open “MS Outlook” >> Click on “Send/ Receive” Tab >> “Send Receive Groups” >> Select “Defined Send/Receive Groups” from the drag down list.
• Select the group that contains the e-mail account that you want to regularly check for messages.
• Under the section Setting for group “group name”, select the “Schedule an automatic send/receive every n minutes” check box.
• Put a number from 1 to 1440 in the minutes box >> Click on “Close” button.
• Now, Go to “Send/Receive” Tab, click on “Send/Receive All folders” button.
I hope the above information will be helpful in resolving your issue.