How to Import Outlook Calendar to Thunderbird
If you’re thinking about importing Outlook Calendar to Mozilla Thunderbird, this article will lead you through the whole process of migrating your emails, calendar, and contacts from the Outlook to Thunderbird desktop platform. To learn about three different strategies for import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird, read the complete post. But first, let’s go through why you’d want to migrate Outlook to the Thunderbird mailbox.
Reasons for PST to Thunderbird Migration
Thunderbird is an open-source email client that may be installed on a number of computers, as previously indicated. Due to a variety of additional regulating aspects, Thunderbird is a trustworthy and successful tool for users to migrate.
Supported by multiple platforms: Thunderbird is available for Windows, macOS, UNIX, Linux, and Ubuntu, among other operating systems. It is the most popular email client for Linux and UNIX users.
Spam Filtering: Spam Filtering is considerably better than Outlook and other email client software.
Data Security: Thunderbird includes some of the most robust security features on the market.
Single-button archive: With a single click, a one-button archive function saves the selected emails to an archive file.
pCloud storage facility: Thunderbird users may easily upload large files to pCloud using the pCloud storage function.
Exclusive plugins: Thunderbird allows users to install a range of helpful plugins for a variety of reasons.
Method 1: Import Outlook Calendar to Thunderbird Using ICS Format
Note: It is recommended that you follow the instructions below when exporting Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010 calendars to avoid data loss.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and choose a calendar
- In the File drop-down option, Save Calendar is underline.
- Provide a file name and select iCalendar format in the Save as type field.
- Save the document and select the full calendar as a date range. Then press the OK button.
- Mozilla’s official website has a download link for Thunderbird Lightning.
- Start Mozilla Thunderbird now.
- In the right panel, go to the Add-Ons section and set the Lightning Select Events and Tasks on the right-hand side.
- Select the iCalendar file you exported from Outlook from the drop-down menu by clicking the Browse button.
- Click OK to add Outlook Calendar events to Thunderbird.
The calendar items will then be imported into Mozilla Thunderbird.
Method 2: Export Outlook calendars to Thunderbird using the GAMMO Tool
Follow the steps below to test the method for import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird:
1st step: Calendar export from Outlook
- Select File >> Open & Export >> Import/ Export >> Export to a file from the File tab in Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Next after selecting Outlook Data File (.pst) from the drop-down box.
- After selecting Calendar, click Next.
- Finally, give the generated file a name and a location to save it.
Step 2: Import PST to Gmail Account
- On your computer, download and install the GAMMO application.
You’ll need to install Microsoft Outlook in order to import Outlook calendars to Thunderbird.
- Now launch the GAMMO app and enter the email address associated with your Gmail account.
- Select the Gmail account to import the PST file by clicking Next.
- Next, hit the Allow button to authorize the application to perform the migration.
- Choose the Outlook Calendar file you want to import from the From PST file menu.
- Next should be selected. In the Migration Settings box, select the Calendars option and then click the Migrate button.
- When you’ve finished the procedure, you’ll get a notification.
- When you click OK, the Outlook file will be imported into your Gmail account. So, continue to the next step to fully import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird.
Step 3: Configure Gmail Account in Thunderbird
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird
- Select Email in the Create a New Account box
- In the Mail Account Setup window, enter your name, email address, and password
- Click the Continue button after filling out all of these fields.
- Select Manual config after activating the IMAP (remote folders) tick.
- Manually enter the following parameters in the Server hostname section:
- gmail.com (incoming) 993 (port) (SSL).
- Outgoing SMTP: smtp.gmail.com Port: 25 or 465 (SSL)
- Click Re-test to import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird.
- Click Create Account if all of the information is correct.
- Give Mozilla Thunderbird access to sync your Gmail data with Thunderbird if it asks you to authorize your Gmail account through Thunderbird.
At some time, the Gmail account will be successfully set up in Thunderbird. Users may access all of Gmail’s email data when they set up a Gmail account in Mozilla Thunderbird. As a consequence, clients may now use Thunderbird to view their Outlook calendar.
Method 3 Automated Way to Import Outlook Calendar to Thunderbird
Manual solutions are more difficult to implement and need a lot of local equipment design and installation. Above all, it’s also a time-consuming process that needs a user’s technical knowledge. So, to get around all of these limitations, a user should seek professional help.
Furthermore, Outlook Magic is one such tool that will solve your problem in just a few simple steps. Moreover, users may use the SysTools Outlook PST File Converter application to quickly and easily import Outlook Calendar to Thunderbird. It’s a well-designed software that lets you export data from a PST file to a number of other formats.
- Download and Run the Software in your OS.
- After that, Add your PST file to the Software panel.
- Then, click on the Export button and select the ICS option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click Browse and choose the destination location to save the resultant file.
- Finally, hit the Export to start the whole process.
A step-by-step manual method for import Outlook calendar to Thunderbird is described in the preceding article. These approaches will surely aid the user in accessing Microsoft Outlook calendars from Thunderbird. So, only a sprinkling of technical knowledge is require to follow these processes.